Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Nursurey for Sprouting Seeds and Growing Seedlings





In an effort to grow plants more economically than last year when every vegetable I grew started in some advanced state, I have decided to grow everything from seed. I planted 3 different kinds of tomato seeds on the 19th and they began to sprout yesterday. It is cold and rainy outside, so I decided to continue growing them inside under some Fluorescent bulbs.

I build a rig to hold the florescent bulbs at a constant 3-4 inches above the plants with some chain from home depot, some wood I had left over from building the raised beds and fluorescent lights that were leftover from a remodel. As the plants get bigger, I can shorten the chain length.

I am going to plant carrots, broccoli and peas tonight.

I am planing on taking a time lapse or two of the tomato sprouts, I will post pictures if it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment